Vacuums have long been a trusted housekeeping tool that makes cleaning easy and quick to do. Most households in Toronto have one, and it has helped many homeowners keep their house dust and fur-free. However, as time progresses, so does technology. Nowadays, a central vacuum is the new must-have at every house.
Why Install a Central Vacuum at Your House?
With the help of a central vacuum, you can get rid of bulky, noisy and heavy vacuum cleaners. In addition to that, you can have all your carpets and floor surfaces cleaned, with only one device that can be installed pretty much anywhere. If you already have one, you should know how to properly maintain and keep it in good condition so that you can use it for a long time.
12 Easy Maintenance Tips for Central Vacuums
To ensure continuous operation and reap maximum benefits, follow these tips:
1. Choose a Location Carefully: Ensure the central vacuum is well ventilated and not exposed to water or moisture.
2. Use the Central Vacuum Frequently: C.V. is specially made to clean continuously. If you use it only once in a while, you won’t get the most out of it. Furthermore, you can ensure that the unit will work to its maximum capacity if you regularly use it.
3. Change Bags or Filters Often: It is good to change the bag or switch over to the HEPA filter after every two or three uses.
4. Make Sure the Central Vacuum Is Plugged in the Right Way: If not, the unit may overheat.
5. Place the Central Vacuum Unit on a Flat Surface: Make sure it is away from sharp objects or edges.
6. Clean It Regularly: Like any other machine, a central vacuum is prone to dirt and dust. Make sure you clean it regularly to avoid clogging and other complications.
7. Keep the Hose Off the Floor: The hose can be easily damaged when it gets into contact with wires and electrical appliances.
8. Don’t Block the Vents: The unit needs to have enough space to function correctly, so try to put it in a wide and unblocked area.
9. When in Doubt Buy New Parts: If you have doubts about how long your central vacuum has been in operation, consider having them checked or replacing them with brand new ones.
10. Use the Right Attachments: Avoid using the bare hose if you need to clean a surface that is hard to reach.
11. Don’t Use a Central Vacuum for Things Other Than Central Vacuum Cleaning: Make sure it only functions for what it is meant to do. Otherwise, you might subject it to unexpected damage.
12. Schedule Regular Inspections and Have Them Serviced Regularly: The best way to guarantee its full capacity to function is to let professionals in the field take good care and monitor your appliances.
Central vacuums are powerful, reliable, and easily installed in any house. Thanks to their efficient functionality, cleaning your home will be a breeze. All you need to do is set it on a flat surface, and it will get the job done for you.
Keeping your central vacuum working properly will undoubtedly add a few years of its lifespan. If you are looking for duct cleaning services in Ontario, contact us at Can Do Duct Cleaning. We specialize in professional central vac cleaning services throughout Greater Toronto Area. We provide free on-site inspection and cost estimates.