Air Duct Cleaning: Why Is It a Must and What You Should Know. Some homeowners don’t really focus on their air ducts and HVAC system. But did you know that the two play a significant role in the quality of the air you breathe?
If left unchecked, air ducts may trigger respiratory problems for you and your family. That said, it’s time to include your home’s ventilation system in your priority maintenance list. Read on to know why keeping your air ducts clean is vital.
Why Should You Clean Your Air Ducts?
Uncleaned air is one of the reasons why an allergy is triggered. That is because the air carries allergens, dust mites, debris, dirt, and foul odours. You must clean your air ducts because it is where the air inside your home travels. It is connected to your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system.
If you don’t clean your air ducts, you’ll potentially be exposed to years worth of dust, debris, and allergens that can trigger your allergy. Keeping it clean allows you to breathe clean indoor air, keeping your health in check as well.
When Is the Best Time to Clean Your Air Ducts?
The best time to clean your air ducts will depend on several factors. If you have noticed one of the following signs, you must call for an air duct cleaning service right away:
- Once you see a substantial mould visible on the hard surfaces of your ducts, whether inside or outside, and to other HVAC system components
- Some rodents or insects exist in your ducts
- Once you’ve noticed that your ducts are starting to clog because of dust, debris, or particles, especially after a construction job
- People living inside your home are starting to suffer from allergies, asthma, or chronic illnesses
While these signs may be your indicator that you must have your air ducts cleaned, you still need to create a specific timeline to avoid these cases from happening. If you have pets or smokers in your home, air duct cleaning is relatively more important because it can significantly affect your indoor air quality.
What Should You Expect during Air Duct Cleaning?
Calling for a professional air duct cleaning service will be a great solution to improve your indoor air quality. Once you’ve called for a professional service in Can Do Duct Cleaning, you can expect that we will follow this process:
- Our technicians will cover their shoes before entering your home, and then they will review your requirements.
- After reviewing your requirements, they will prepare your house for cleaning by covering your floors with protective drop sheets and placing corner guards wherever necessary. This is to ensure no particles will drop directly to the floors and corners.
- They will then cover your heat registers, open your air return grills, and clean them thoroughly.
- Next, they will clean your air ducts by scrubbing, cleaning, and vacuuming them with our 250PSI air pressure.
- Our technicians will also wipe down your furnace and check your air filter to complete the cleaning.
- To ensure deep cleaning, we will also sanitize your system to prevent the future growth of bacteria and allergens before we leave your premises.
What to expect when you get your air ducts cleaned?
- First they vacuum the ducts. Then they sanitize the ducts.
- After everything is out of your heating, air conditioning and cooling ducts, the technician will go through and clean every corner
- Air filter change, system test.
How do I prepare my house for duct cleaning?
Duct cleaning is a very important part of your home’s air conditioning system. The filters inside your home’s ducts remove dust and other particles from the air before it enters your home.
If these filters become clogged or dirty, you will notice a decrease in airflow, which can cause your air conditioner to work harder and consume more energy.
How messy is duct cleaning?
Air duct cleaning can involve a lot of work. Drop cloths are used to keep debris off the floor and furnishings. Plastic guards should be applied by contractors to protect walls.
Is it loud when you get your air ducts cleaned?
Yes, that’s why it’s a good idea to have your air ducts cleaned from time to time.
The fan is running and it sounds like a vacuum running in your home. It won’t be overly loud and should not disrupt your daily routine.
When you have to have your duct work cleaned, you will have to shut down your heating or cooling units.
Keeping your air ducts clean is vital because it will not only improve your indoor air quality but will also keep your health and HVAC system safe. So, don’t forget about your air ducts when it’s time for your house’s maintenance. You should call for a professional air duct cleaning service to ensure that the path where your air will travel will be clean and free from allergens and other contaminants.
If you are looking for air duct cleaning services in Toronto and beyond, Can Do Duct Cleaning is here to help! We boast a team of trained, professional, and background-verified service technicians, and we only use state-of-the-art duct cleaning equipment for every procedure. Contact us today!